1957 Coupe de Ville Project

I've been working on the body work on the Cadillac for the past few weeks. The quarter panels and the rocker panels are giving me some problems so, I decided to take a couple of days off from them and work on another area. The right corner of the rear window channel had some rust through that needed to be replaced with new metal.

I started by picking out the loosest rust with a pair of needle nose pliers to see how bad it was and how much needed to be replaced.

Once I determined how much needed to be cut out, I marked it with a fine point felt tip marker.

I cut most of it out with a 3 inch die grinder and then filed the edges by hand.

24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34

Project Index - Projects - Index