1957 Coupe de Ville Project

A suitable scrap was selected and sprayed with Dykem Steel Blue. Then I scribed around the cardboard pattern on the steel.

The third piece needs a bend in it so, I used a profile gauge to get the proper angle.

Since I don't have a sheet metal break, a couple of two by fours in the vice had to suffice.

Then I checked the bend with the profile gauge to make sure it matched.

All 4 pieces are scribed and ready to be cut. I used an air shear and a 3 inch die grinder to do most of the cutting.

Now that the pieces are cut, the time consuming process of fitting each piece is next.

26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36

Project Index - Projects - Index