1957 Coupe de Ville Project

The transmission cross member modification was quite simple. The original cross member was a piece of 3" channel about 1 long that mounted between the frame with the "U" facing down.



I was able to flip it over and put the TH400 trans mount in the channel and use the same holes in the frame for the cross member.


I had to weld up the holes for the trans mount and drill new holes for the TH400 mount. I also cut new holes for the emergency brake cable to pass through since the old one was one the wrong side with the cross member flipped over.


Most of the hump in the floor was big enough for the TH400 but near the rear of the trans the hump got too small too quickly so, I cut a small area out to make a more gradual transition to the floor with a new piece.




13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23

Project Index - Projects - Index