1957 Coupe de Ville Project

Since the last update I have finished the disk brake conversion. My brother, Sam, cut the plate with a plasma cutter and then I mocked up the whole assembly and tack welded the modified Chevy truck caliper brackets to the plates. Then I returned them to Sam and he welded them up.

I Don't trust my welding to anything as critical as this.

I bought 1/2" flat head allen bolts to attach the caliper brackets to the spindle. This gives some added clearance between the bracket and the rotor.

I also used these 5/16"spacers to move the rotor out on the spindle.

Thanks to my friend and neighbor, Frank Klein, for getting the spacers made for me. This gives additional clearance and makes the bearings seat properly on their races.

01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09 - 10

Project Index - Projects - Index